BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Superhero Capes

 My Little Guy lately has been obsessed with Superheros.  He has some Spider man pajamas that we can barely get him out of.  He has some Spider man flip flops that he sleeps with at night.  We often here him saying "Super Landon to the rescue."  He told me he wants to have a Superhero Birthday Party.  He turns 3 in May.  I know we still have some time but I thought I would get a jump start and make him a Super hero cape.

He had a plain white shirt in his closet that is stained in a few places.  I decided I would add some fabric and make him a superhero shirt to go with his cape.


 Superhero Shirt.  
I just took some scraps and cut them into a diamond and an L.  Then I just zig zag stitched around it.


For the cape I used about 1/2 yard of felt.  I just kind of cut it into a shape I liked.  I added a square of felt and the letter to it and again zig zag stitched around it.  Then I took some ribbon and zig zag stitched it tot the top for the ties.

Of course every Superhero has a super sidekick.  Our Super Landon has a Super Sister and we decided she needed a Superhero cape too.

Here is Super Lindsay's Cape.
And here is Super Lindsay's Shirt.

0 comments: